The Vectis Equestrian Club sends as many teams and individuals as possible to Area Competitions. A rider may only compete for one riding club at a time. All riders must be a member of the affiliated riding club for which they are competing and must have paid their subscription by the closing date of preliminary entries for the competition they wish to compete in. Their names, addresses, etc must appear in the current Membership Database held by BRC at close of preliminary entries.
To be able to compete at Area Competitions horses must have a current passport and up to date flu vac record.**** For dressage to music competitions you will have to be a music member of British Dressage. Horses must be owned by a Vectis Equestrian Club member. If you are not available for the Championship please make it known. The Club will pay all TEAM entry fees - members to organise and cover cost of any extra individual entries and transport.
*** N.B. there is now a six-monthly rule with regard to flu vacs in line with the other disciplines i.e. BD, BS & BE. Also, for show jumping elements of any competition it will be a requirement to only use a padded whip [see BS rules]
It is important that you get in touch with one of the team coordinators below if you wish to take part.
For dressage and dressage to music area competitions please contact Jane Frost
For show jumping and horse trials area competitions contact Georgina Leavold
AREA 17 WEBSITE - for more information on Area events.
MICROCHIPS - From 1st October 2018 all horses in England [not just those born since 2009] will have to be microchipped by law. There will be a 2 year grace period however to give time to organise getting older horses microchipped. So from 1st October 2020 it will be an enforceable law. After this date ALL horses attending a BRC qualifier or championship [regardless of where they reside] MUST BE MICROCHIPPED if not they will be disqualified.
**RIDING CLUBS AREA COMPETITIONS**
October 17 - Novice Winter Dressage at Crofton [schedule sent out to members and team(s) currently under selection]
October 24/25 - Arena Eventing at Bovington [schedule sent out to members]
January 23 - Novice & Intermediate Show Jumping at Crofton
March 20 - Winter Intermediate Dressage at Crofton
April 2 - Combined Training at Crofton
Area Competitions run throughout the year and qualify for various Championships. Competing as a Team can be good fun and a great experience. For Members who haven’t yet been to an Area Event here are some general rules and information, (and a reminder for those who have).Riding Clubs Area Competitions are open all Senior and Junior Vectis Members.
- Please let us know If your horse/pony has any BD/BS/BE points as some classes have restrictions.
- Horse/pony must have a correct Flu Vac/Passport***, riders to have paid their subscriptions for the current competition year, horse/pony to be owned and ridden by a Vectis Member (horse/pony can also be on loan).
- Organisers of RC competitions make it a condition of entry that each Club must provide a person to act as Helper for the day (one helper per Team) this has to be someone who is not competing at the event
- If you decide that you would like to take part in an Area event you will need to send a clear and legible photo copy of your horse/pony’s passport, showing all flu vacs from start, diagram of horse & cover page showing passport number, Microchip number and also let a committee member know you would like to enter
- The Club will contribute towards Entry Fees riders to organise and cover travel costs.
- Details of Events /Schedules are posted on Vectis website and emailed to members.
- Visit Riding Clubs Area 17 website page, Area Events and results are posted here.
- Full rules can be found on BHS Riding Clubs official website. Contact Jane Frost if you would like more information about Area Competitions. email@example.com