Area Competitions run throughout the year and some are qualifiers for various Championships. Competing as a Team can be good fun and a great experience. For Members who haven’t yet been to an Area Event here are some general rules and information, (and a reminder for those who have)
Ride for Team Vectis
Rules for Competing at British Riding Clubs Area Events
Vectis Equestrian Club is affiliated to British Riding Clubs (BRC), which in turn is affiliated to the British Horse Society (BHS). We are part of “Area 17” which covers Dorset, Hampshire, and the Isle of Wight.
Vectis actively participates in BRC Area Qualifiers, which give our members the opportunity to qualify for National Championships. At regular intervals throughout the year, we put out calls for those wishing to be considered for our teams in all disciplines; Dressage, Show Jumping, Horse Trials, Dressage to Music, Arena Eventing, Combined Challenge and Combined Training.
So, what does it mean to ride for your club? Can anyone put their name forward?
Here are the “MUST KNOWS” about riding for Team Vectis
Priority will be given to those that have entered our local events, at the competition level they would like to do at Area and those that have volunteered to help. It is about being a team member and giving back to the club that is supporting you.
You and your horse should be performing well, consistently in your chosen discipline.
- Details of Events /Schedules are emailed to members.
- Read carefully all the Rules and Conditions of entry on the Schedule, and check you are eligible for the class you would like to enter.
- Full rules can be found on BHS Riding Clubs official website.
- Pre-entry fees must be paid by Vectis to BRC. Once these have been paid Vectis is committed to pay the FULL amount whether we compete or not.
- When selected you pay 50% of the entry fee via BACS to Vectis. This is non-refundable if you are unable to compete.
- Area Competition entry fees may also be subsidised by Vectis.
- Organisers of Riding Club competitions make it a condition of entry that each Club must provide a person to act as Helper for the day.
- One helper per Team is needed, so if there is more than one team you will have to provide more than one helper. This must be a non-competitor at the event. Failure to provide a helper will result in disqualification of the team.
- Visit Riding Clubs Area 17 website page. Area results are posted on BRC Results website.
If you would like to be part of our Vectis Teams, or would like to know more about Riding Club Area Competitions please contact Tracy Brooks firstname.lastname@example.org